TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
2 envelopes mocha cappuccino mix
1 tablespoon hot water
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 ounces white candy coating, melted
Baking cocoa, optional
1. In a small bowl, dissolve cappuccino mix in hot water. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cappuccino mixture and egg yolk. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
2. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
3. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cup-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Pipe melted candy coating over cookies as desired, or dip each cookie halfway into melted candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. If desired, dust with cocoa.
6. Freeze option: Transfer wrapped disks to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw dough in refrigerator until soft enough to roll. Prepare, bake and decorate as directed. Yield: about 4 dozen.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC